Jeremy is an accomplished scientist, speaker, and entrepreneur. He has founded several companies in the health and technology space, serving in various senior executive roles. These activities have garnered international recognition with awards from the National Science Foundation, Journal of Science and the United Nations. Jeremy holds a Doctorate in molecular genetics and biotechnology from the University of Guelph. In recent years, he has been involved extensively in the yeast biosynthetics and the medical cannabis space – developing advanced cultivation methodologies, leading R&D initiatives, designing cannabis genomics platform and implementing data systems to better understand cannabis varieties and the utility of their effects. Most recently, Jeremy served as Chief Science Officer for MedReleaf Corp., a licensed Canadian producer of medical cannabis.
Currently, Jeremy serves as Chief Science Officer for Lavvan Inc. and acts as a senior scientific advisor to several companies across agriculture tech and biotechnology. He is also involved in both public and private scientific communications initiatives, consults and designs for various research-based organizations, and contributes to educational initiatives on the benefits on the science-based thinking.
active professional activities
- 2021 – Present: Principle Investigator & Founder. Friedberg Scientific Advisors. An advisory and consulting organization assisting groups with the different aspects of implementing scientific practices – from designing scientific methodologies and deploying scientific communications to planning and training.
- 2019 – Present: Chief Science Officer. Lavvan Inc. Overseeing corporate scientific directions, clinical research, non-clinical research, coordination of yeast strain development, scientific communications and execution of the research and development program.
- 2018 – Present: Co-founder & Senior Scientific Advisor. Index Biosystems. Co-inventor of the DNA-based BipTag system for food traceability.
- 2020 – Present: Scientific Advisor. Cultiware
- 2019 – Present: Scientific Advisor. Fotonica Inc.
2017 Master Class: The Gamification of Education
inventions & patents
STITCH™ is a gamified data-driven learning platform technology. It’s a cloud-based learning system designed to supply “learning as a service.”
Spongelab.com is an online community devoted to science communication and the use of digital content for learning.
Cellscape Explorer. A visualization and data modeling platform developed to test and explore cellular anatomy and physiology.
Nupreps is a device designed to rapidly isolate and purify nucleic acids.